An Alternative to High Cost
PAI’s Minimum Essential Coverage (MEC) Wellness/Preventive Benefit Plans are cost-effective plans that provide an alternative to the high costs of healthcare.
Covered Preventive Health Services
The ACA mandates which preventive services must be included in a MEC plan. There are three sets of free preventive services. Select the links below to see a list of covered services for each group.
- For Adults
- Abdominal Aortic aneurysm one-time screening for men between 65 and 75 who have ever smoked
- Alcohol misuse screening and counseling
- Aspirin use for men over 45 and women over 55
- For Women Only
- Anemia screening on a routine basis for pregnant women
- Bacteriuria urinary tract or other infection screening for pregnant women at 12 weeks or during the first prenatal visit
- BRCA counseling about genetic testing for women at higher risk
- For Children
- Alcohol and drug use assessments for adolescents
- Autism screening at 18 and 24 months
- Behavioral assessments for children from birth through age 17