Talk to a doctor anytime and anywhere
Teladoc provides members with 24/7/365 access to quality care from their home or office as opposed to more expensive settings like the doctor’s office or emergency room.
You Can Use Teledoc
It is a convenient and affordable option for quality care.
- When you need care now
- If you're considering the ER or urgent care center for a non-emergency issue
- On vacation, on a business trip, or away from home
- For short-term prescription refills
Get the Care You Need
Teladoc doctors can treat many medical conditions, including:
- Cold & flu symptoms
- Sinus problems
- Sore throat
- Respiratory infection
- Skin problems
- and more!
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Teladoc?
Teladoc is the first and largest provider of telehealth medical consults in the United States, giving you 24/7/365 access to quality medical care through phone and video consults
- Who are the Teladoc doctors?
Teladoc doctors are U.S. board certified in Internal Medicine, Family Practice, or Pediatrics. They average 20 years practice experience, are licensed in your state, and incorporate Teladoc into their day-to-day practice as a way to provide people with convenient access to quality medical care
- Does Teladoc replace my doctor?
No. Teladoc does not replace your primary care physician. Teladoc should be used when you need immediate care for non-emergent medical issues. It is an affordable, convenient alternative to urgent care and ER visits
- What kind of medical care does Teladoc provide?
Teladoc provides adult and pediatric general medical care.
- What consult methods are available?
You can talk with a Teladoc doctor via a phone consult, video consult within the secure member portal, or video consult within the Teladoc mobile app.
- How do I set up my Teladoc account?
Setting up your account is a quick and easy process online. Visit the Teladoc website and click "Set Up Account". Follow the online instructions.
- How do I request a consult to talk to a doctor?
Visit the Teladoc website, log into your account and click "Request a Consult". You can also call Teladoc to request a consult by phone
- How quickly can I talk to the doctor?
Median call back time is just 10 minutes. If you miss the doctor's call, whether you are away from the phone or you have anonymous call blocker on, you will be returned to the bottom of the waiting list. The consult request is cancelled if you miss three calls.
- Is there a time limit when talking with a doctor?
There is no time limit for consults.
- Can Teladoc doctors write a prescription?
Yes, Teladoc doctors can prescribe shortterm medication for a wide range of conditions when medically appropriate. Teladoc doctors do not prescribe substances controlled by the DEA, nontherapeutic and/or certain other drugs which may be harmful because of their potential abuse.
- How do I pay for a prescription called in by Teladoc?
When you go to your pharmacy of choice to pick up the prescription, you may use your health/prescription insurance card to help pay for the medication. You will be responsible for the co-pay based on the type of medication and your plan benefits.
- Is the consult fee the same price, regardless of the time?
Yes! Teladoc charges one flat rate per consult.
- How do I pay for the consult?
You can pay with your HSA (health savings account) card, credit card, prepaid debit card or by PayPal.
- If the Teladoc doctor recommends that I see my primary care physician or a specialist, do I still have to pay the Teladoc consult fee?
Yes. Just like any doctor appointment, you must pay for the consulting doctor’s time.
- Can I provide consult information to my doctor?
Yes. You have access to your electronic medical record at anytime. Download a copy online from your account or call Teladoc and ask to have your medical record mailed or faxed to you